Craig Motors

based in/near to ,

Craig Motors Ltd was established at Mansfield Park, Hawick in 2008. The business originally began in Myreslawgreen in 1974, established by the current owners’ father, John Craig, and was formerly known as John Craig Motor Engineers, who built a strong customer base creating the foundations of the business as it is today. With 2 members of staff in 2008, Craig Motors Ltd has since grown and developed and now employs a total of 5 staff. To keep up with demand, a new division of the business has been created as David Craig Performance Tyres, which operates from the newly constructed, dedicated tyre fitting bay and alignment centre. Along with David Craig who is owner, vehicle technician, MOT examiner and Director, the employees include:

Lynne Stanger – the longest serving member of staff!  Lynne manages the busy office and reception, and would most likely be your first point of contact within the business, handling bookings and all general enquiries.

Scott Douglas – Vehicle Technician.  Scott joined the business in 2009 with over 12 years experience and came fully trained with Renault Mastertech Qualifications. Since then he has continued to develop his skills in the motor industry and has a wealth of knowledge covering all other vehicle manufacturers.  Scott is also one of our MOT examiners.

Barry Walker – Vehicle Technician.  Barry joined the business in June 2013 with 10 years experience and came fully trained with Peugeot Mastertech Qualifications, and also has a wealth of knowledge covering all other vehicle manufacturers.  Barry is also one of our MOT examiners.

Raymond Allison – Raymond joined the business in 2011 with over 22 years experience of car sales with a local leading franchise dealership.  In addition to car sales, Raymond assists Lynne in the office and is heavily involved in the day-to-day running of the business.

Bookmark the permalink.

Mansfield Park
Hawick
TD9 8AL

Website: http://www.hawicktyres.co.uk
Phone: 01450 376169

View Shoutouts (0)

Comments are closed

  • .

    Facebook News

    In flight, Scottish Borders

    Credit: James Gordon #LoveBorders ... See MoreSee Less

    In flight, Scottish Borders

Credit: James Gordon #LoveBorders

    Lauran Bolton, Gordon Moffett and 17 others like this

    Denise LightbodySometimes see Heron on River Tweed love to watch

    53 minutes ago

    Avatar

    Comment on Facebook

    Did you know........

    Five miles north east of Earlston and just to the west of the village of Gordon, the surprisingly complete remains of Greenknowe Tower, also sometimes known as Greenknowe Castle, stand a hundred yards to the north of the A6105.

    From the gate the access path leads up a gentle slope and around to the entrance, as usual for a tower house this is placed in the easily defended angle between the main body of the tower and the wing containing the spiral staircase.

    Externally, Greenknowe Tower is in good condition, largely complete up to the original roof level, though part of one corner turret has collapsed at some point. The appearance of the tower is made all the more interesting by the use of red stone in parts of the structure, brightening up what would otherwise be a uniform grey. The tower would originally have been surrounded by a walled courtyard, and part of the courtyard surface can still be seen to its east.

    Internally the kitchen on the ground floor retains its vaulted roof, but from the first floor hall upwards the tower is open to the skies. The spiral stair can be followed up to a platform at the upper floor level in the stair wing.

    Greenknowe Tower was built in 1581 by a minor landowner, James Seton, and he lived here with his wife Janet Edmonstone. The lintel above the main entrance carries the date of construction, the shields of the Seton and Edmonstone families, and the initials IS and IE: the "I"s should be read for "J"s. The Seton family had owned land in the Parish of Gordon since marrying into the Gordon family: who in turn had been granted the estate by Malcolm II in 1018.

    In the 1600s the tower was purchased by the Pringle family of Stichel, one resident being the noted Covenanter, William Pringle. By 1850 it was no longer lived in, and in 1937 it was placed in state care by the Dalrymple family, who also contributed towards its consolidation. Today Greenknowe Tower is in the care of Historic Environment Scotland #LoveBorders

    *Thanks to undiscoveredscotland.co.uk for info & to Scenic Scotland for pic* ... See MoreSee Less

    Did you know........

Five miles north east of Earlston and just to the west of the village of Gordon, the surprisingly complete remains of Greenknowe Tower, also sometimes known as Greenknowe Castle, stand a hundred yards to the north of the A6105. 

From the gate the access path leads up a gentle slope and around to the entrance, as usual for a tower house this is placed in the easily defended angle between the main body of the tower and the wing containing the spiral staircase.

Externally, Greenknowe Tower is in good condition, largely complete up to the original roof level, though part of one corner turret has collapsed at some point. The appearance of the tower is made all the more interesting by the use of red stone in parts of the structure, brightening up what would otherwise be a uniform grey. The tower would originally have been surrounded by a walled courtyard, and part of the courtyard surface can still be seen to its east.

Internally the kitchen on the ground floor retains its vaulted roof, but from the first floor hall upwards the tower is open to the skies. The spiral stair can be followed up to a platform at the upper floor level in the stair wing.

Greenknowe Tower was built in 1581 by a minor landowner, James Seton, and he lived here with his wife Janet Edmonstone. The lintel above the main entrance carries the date of construction, the shields of the Seton and Edmonstone families, and the initials IS and IE: the Is should be read for Js. The Seton family had owned land in the Parish of Gordon since marrying into the Gordon family: who in turn had been granted the estate by Malcolm II in 1018.

In the 1600s the tower was purchased by the Pringle family of Stichel, one resident being the noted Covenanter, William Pringle. By 1850 it was no longer lived in, and in 1937 it was placed in state care by the Dalrymple family, who also contributed towards its consolidation. Today Greenknowe Tower is in the care of Historic Environment Scotland #LoveBorders

*Thanks to undiscoveredscotland.co.uk for info & to Scenic Scotland for pic*

    Fiona Edwards, Martin Brooks and 23 others like this

    Tom CurranMust take a dander up there

    31 minutes ago

    Avatar

    Comment on Facebook