Entries are now being accepted for the Primary Schools Team Competition!!
Date: Friday 22nd February
Location- Earlston High School Games Hall
Cost- £5 per player
Rules and Entry:
A team to consist of:
3 players at the 8 and under age group – they must be born on or after 1st April 2010.
Players may only play in one team i.e. if playing for boys or girls team they may not play in mixed event as well.
Boys team: 3 boys
Girls team: 3 girls
Mixed team: 2 boys & 1 girl or 2 girls & 1 boy
(If you only have 2 players then your players may know someone else from another school who can make up a team.)
Rules of the event:-
1. Each team should appoint a team Captain to look after the team at the event and to organise the entry fee of £15. Please make sure that the entry fee is placed in an envelope with the team name on it and handed over to the referee on the day.
2. The singles matches will consist of each member playing 1 tiebreak (first to 7 points) against their opposite number in the opposing team: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3.
3. Players must be ranked, with the strongest player playing at number 1. It is the responsibility of the person in charge of the team to ensure the players are ranked in this order. If unsure consult your local coach.
4. Played on a badminton court area (outside tram line and inner back line). Foam balls will be used and rackets should be 21” or 23” maximum.
5. All competitors should wear appropriate footwear.
6. Schools can enter more than one team in each category.
7. Entries should be sent to the tournament referee, Elspeth Whitelaw before 5pm on Friday 15th February 2019. Contact details below.
8. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
If you require any further information contact:
13 St Dunstan’s Park, Melrose TD6 9LF, Mobile 07811 199291 firstname.lastname@example.org