The Golden Rules
Some of these are obvious but best to confirm so it is clear to all website users.
- Remember The 4 P’s and keep your shoutouts Positive, Pleasant, Polite and Professional.
- Try and keep your shoutouts related to your business or organisation and avoid personal, religious and political comments/opinions.
- Only talk about the actual entity that your username applies to, and do not refer to other organisations, whether that be other businesses you own, competitors, rival clubs etc. If you wish to shoutout about other businesses you are involved with, please use another log-in.
- Anyone using a non-profit shoutout account log-in for business or commercial purposes are at risk of finding their account being suspended/terminated.
- If you disagree with the manner in which another account user is posting shoutouts, do not engage in public criticism via shoutout, instead please email, let us know and we will endeavour to rectify.
- Any slanderous, malicious or negative comments directed towards other businesses, entities or individuals is likely to result in your shoutout being quickly deleted, your Borders.co.uk account being suspended/terminated (without refund) and potential legal action commencing against the individual posting the message. Bear in mind anyone associated with a shoutout account who is found to be retweeting or sharing such rogue messages on Social Media even if they did not Publish the message are also at risk of similar sanctions as the perpetrator.
- Any threatening, racist, homophobic, grossly offensive/indecent or profanity laden shoutouts are again likely to result in their quick deletion, your Borders.co.uk account being suspended/terminated and potential police action against the individual posting the message. As with Point 6: anyone associated with a shoutout Account who is found to be retweeting or sharing such rogue messages on Social Media even if they did not Publish the message are also at risk of similar sanctions as the perpetrator.
- Try not to have the main title of your shoutout being too long. Certainly never more than 100 characters in the title, preferably about a quarter of that, otherwise the title gets too long winded. The main body within your shoutout is unlimited so try and do your talking in there. Besides, shorter shoutout titles actually grab people’s attention better. Less is more!
- Consider your Borders.co.uk account login information in the same way you would your bank card pin number. How you conduct yourself online says a lot about your business/organisation so keep this safe, it is only for yourself and/or responsible/trusted people within your business/organisation. The fewer people the better.
- Be aware that shoutouts over 2 months old will usually become out of date and disappear from the site, so if there is a shoutout that you would always like to be present on just schedule for it to be published say every month.
- Try and post shoutouts regularly (up to once a day) and enjoy your time on Borders.co.uk!
- To avoid confusion to our audience, the promotion of any other Scottish Borders based Online Media Promotion platforms is prohibited.